I have always wanted to learn how to SPIN, KNIT, WEAVE, DYE or make FELT
If these are craft skills that you want to learn then a ONE TO ONE course with Sue is the perfect answer.
- The course content is tailored to your specific needs.
- You do not have to share the tutor with other course members.
- A ONE TO ONE course provides everything you need; there are no hidden extras.
- The tuition fee is £25 per hour.
- Courses in all subjects can be for the beginner, improver or expert.
- Each student is given an Ideas/ Project book in which they can write notes during the course and add to as they progress with their chosen craft.
- Anyone from 10 to 100 can enjoy a ONE TO ONE course.
Click here to watch video tutorials courtesy of ashford.co.nz
Format for One to One Tuition
- Sue wants you to arrive safely rather than on time. She knows from her own experience that travel plans can go wrong.
- You’ve arrived, so now you can relax with a beverage.
- Sue will have put out some samples of completed work for you to examine; the items will relate to the course you are attending.
- The items on display are intended to promote discussion, they also help you to focus on the course outcomes.
- Ready to start? The course begins. You will be encouraged to make notes as the course progresses.
- Each student is given an Ideas / Project book in which they can write notes during the course and add to as they progress with their chosen craft.
- After 2 hours, of a longer than 2 hour course, there will be a snack break of about 15 to 20 minutes. This snack is included in the course fee.
- Please let Sue know prior to the course if you have any food preferences; vegan, vegetarian or wheat intolerant for instance.
- This break will also be used to discuss what has happened so far and that the course is on track towards fulfilling your expectations and requirements.
- Every student works at different speeds and Sue will advise you whether you are on schedule or that there may be a potential time problem.
- If you are on a 2 day course Sue will advise the student the best time to split the course. It must be remembered that the journey home may be a long one and the last day must be planned accordingly.
- The use of equipment and materials is included in the course fee. You can take home what you make during the course. However, the equipment cannot be taken home so, for instance, cloth woven will be removed from the loom.
Hilltop is based in Lyminge, a small village in the North Downs between Canterbury and Folkestone. Just 70 miles from central London via the M20. A Javelin train from St Pancras takes just 55 minutes!
Click here to go to the FIND US page.