Information that HILLTOP SPINNING AND WEAVING CENTRE collects
We collect data from our website to help us understand how many people access it, how it is used and whether there have been any technical problems. This doesn’t contain any personal information and we cannot link this data to individual visitors. All the information we collect in this way is deleted periodically. The data we collect includes:
- The name of your internet service provider and the internet protocol (IP) address you are using. This may or may not identify a specific computer.
- The date and time you visit our website, and the pages you look at.
- The internet address of any websites which have linked you directly to our site.
We collect personal information only when you specifically and knowingly give it to us, for example by filling out an online form or by sending an email. We will use the personal information you give us for the reasons stated when you provide it. We will only use it for other reasons where we have to legally or where this is allowed by law.
How we use your information
Generally we will not share your information with outside parties unless we have to legally or where the law allows this.
HILLTOP SPINNING AND WEAVING CENTRE occasionally contracts external companies to help provide essential services. Where needed
- We only give them the information which they need to carry out the service.
- They agree not to use any information we give them for any other reason than what we have agreed with them.
- We make sure they have proper systems in place to protect personal data and private information.
Cookies are files which can be stored on your computer when you visit a website, they cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analysing data to help us understand how you use online government services so we can improve them
How to restrict or block cookies
You can restrict or block cookies through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
You can find more detailed information about cookies and how to restrict or block them and how to delete them from your computer on www.aboutcookies.org
For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Virus and malware protection
We make every effort to check and test the material on our site for malicious software or ‘malware’. However, HILLTOP SPINNING AND WEAVING CENTRE cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your computer system or information contained on it, which may occur as a result of using material from our site. It is always advisable to run an anti-virus program on any material downloaded from the internet.
If an email infected with malicious software is sent to us, it will be deleted automatically before it reaches our email system. Please be aware that if you have unintentionally sent us an email infected with malicious software, it will not reach us. If you don’t receive acknowledgement of your email within 10 working days, please contact the Clerk.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement please contact the Data Protection Officer.